[fsug-tvm] Re: മലയാളം ടൈപ്പ് പ്രശ്നങ്ങള്

Shibu Nair shibuknair at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:14:09 PST 2009

Dear Manilal,

I am using Ubuntu. from the taskbar i selected the keyboard and chose
malayalam.  In malayalam there were 4 options (all belongs to SCIM),
Inscript, Swanalekha, Ml-Inscript and Ml-Itrans.  Swanalekha and ML-Itrans
are phonetic (type in english and get translated into malayalam) other two
inscript options have its own key lay-out which is universal.  I tried all
four options , in open office word processor

The results
1. When tried to read Malayalam blogs, emails, the malayalam letters found
disjointed.
2. Interestingly, when I composed my previous email in malayalam things
worked and when I opened your reply mail, I found them disjointed. But again
in compose mode the same text reappeared perfect.
3.In Inscript keyboard lay out a *chillaksharam* is produced with 3 key
depressions. the first key is for corresponding letter, the second key for *
chandrakkala* and the third key is *Nakthram* key which converts the letter
into *chillaksharam*  For example,
n  +  d  +  ] should produce ല + ്  + ] = ല്
j  +  d  +  ] should produce ല + ് + ] = ര്

When I tried it in open office, it didnt work.  and it didnt produced ക്ക
when i typed k + d + k. it gave ക ക ്    only.

So I think there is some problem with my font files. how can it be
corrected?

peace
shibu

--