[smc-discuss] Re: We would like to take up a FOSS project for google SoC under SMC guidance

ranjith s kumar ranjith_s_kumar at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 08:21:06 PST 2009

Dear Friends
In between, So far several students have shown interest to collaborate with smc's projects.  If the students were given a chance to transpire their ideas with the developers , then that will be a big impetus for both the smc's activities and for the budding developers.  At this juncture shall we plan a one day technical workshop/seminar on how to contribute in free software localization efforts.

Motivation is the most important factor for pursuing such activities  which is voluntary in nature and that can  be done only by  the real developers.

If this idea can be agreed then, Free Software Cell,Govt. Engg. College , Barton Hill can take the initiative for the conduct of such an event at the campus during April first week.

with regards.

Ranjith S. Kumar,Lecturer In Mechanical Engineering, Government Engineering, Collge,Barton Hill,Thiruvananthapuram -35,Mob.9447295213