[smc-discuss] Re: We would like to take up a FOSS project for google SoC under SMC guidance

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:28:32 PST 2009

2009/2/9 ranjith s kumar <ranjith_s_kumar at yahoo.com>

> Dear Friends
> In between, So far several students have shown interest to collaborate with
> smc's projects.  If the students were given a chance to transpire their
> ideas with the developers , then that will be a big impetus for both the
> smc's activities and for the budding developers.  At this juncture shall we
> plan a one day technical workshop/seminar on how to contribute in free
> software localization efforts.
>
> Motivation is the most important factor for pursuing such activities  which
> is voluntary in nature and that can  be done only by  the real developers.
>
> If this idea can be agreed then, Free Software Cell,Govt. Engg. College ,
> Barton Hill can take the initiative for the conduct of such an event at the
> campus during April first week.
>
> with regards.
>

> Ranjith S. Kumar,Lecturer In Mechanical Engineering, Government
> Engineering, Collge,Barton Hill,Thiruvananthapuram -35,Mob.9447295213

Thank you very much for your support,

And beyond any shred of doubt this would be of immense help to the
student community.As of now there are very few students actively
participating in FOSS development let alone even aware of it..

An activity like this would be of great advantage to students like
me ..

Yadu Nand B