[smc-discuss] Call for translators/reviewers to correct translation errors in Fedora

Ani Peter peter.ani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 02:27:45 PST 2009

Dear All,
After testing Fedora 10, Santhosh, Manilal and Sasi sir, has informed
that there are some translation errors in Anaconda and some
system-config-* files. As told in my earlier mail, anaconda errors have
been fixed. Now we have the system-config-* to be fixed before the beta
release. Those interested are requested to:
2. Pick up the system-config-* files for review
from:https://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/ml/fedora-11
3. Send email regarding the file taken to the list.
4. Send the reviewed file to the list so that I can commit them

Errors to be taken care of:
1. "റ" to be replaced by "ര" as shown below in the following
combinations (examples shown using "ക"):
(i) ക + ് + ര = ക്ര
(ii) ര + ് + zwj = ര്‍

2. change the conjunct ന്റ using the following combination:
ന + ് റ = ന്റ

3. In some words like നെറ്റ്‌വര്‍ക്ക്, സോഫ്റ്റ‌വെയര്‍ the zwj is used instead of
zwnj, so check for them too.

The other day, Santhosh, Manilal and myself has a discussion on chat
about correcting these errors caused due to lohit bugs. They have
suggested that a shell script can be written to fix them. So anyone
interested please try to write one so that the task can be done easily.

Please ask if any doubts.

Thanking you

Best regards
Ani