[smc-discuss] Re: Malayalam not supported in Fedora 11 Alpha (Leonidas)

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 02:42:53 PST 2009

2009/2/16 Ani Peter <peter.ani at gmail.com>:
> Dear Manilal,
>
> Based on the discussion with technical guys, they say a Live CD (until and
> unless its language specific) contains only en-US locale, as including all
> languages will requires large amount of space.
These are stale excuses. The mo files are already in
/usr/share/locale/ml/LC_MESSAGES and they have missed the font
package. I don't think that there is a space issue. The image is only
637MB and the smc-font package is less than 2MB.

> However, please tell me whether:
>
> 1. You have checked Fedora 10 Live CD and was Malayalam available in that?
Yes, I have checked it and it seems the fonts are missing.

> 2. Did you find any other Indic languages in Fedora 11 Alpha Live CD or is
> it only Malayalam missing?
Almost all of the Indic languages including Tamil, Telugu, Marathi,
etc.. are available. I think the only Indic language missing is
Malayalam.

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.