[smc-discuss] Re: ASCII TeX to Unicode conversion

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:45:14 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:27 PM, V. Sasi Kumar<sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have several documents that I wrote using old ASCII LaTeX. I would
> like to convert some of them to Unicode text so that I can combine them
> with newer Omega files. I would like to know whether there is any script
> that can do the job. Otherwise, I will have to retype them, which is
> time consuming. Is such a script available? Or is there any convenient
> work around?

There are 2 options.
1. Convert the pdf in ascii font format to unicode using payyans. It
can extract text from pdf and convert to unicode

2.Use python libraries that can understand Tex
syntax(http://plastex.sourceforge.net)  to read those documents, use
payyans python APIs to convert to unicode.

Thanks
Santhosh