savannah project administrator roles, responsibilities and selection criteria/process

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:59:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

We have not given much thought to this issue in the past. I thought we
can discuss about it more now and have a consensus on roles and
responsibilities on the project administrator. I was discussing with
Santhosh on this topic on irc today and we thought a general
discussion on the list would be better. We want to hear every one's
opinions on this.

In the past I used to promote members as administrators when they are
active for a long period. I would suggest the current admins can
nominate any members who are contributing very much. It can be seen as
a recongnition of ones contribution, like getting commit access to a
repository.

As for current administrators, they should take more responsibilities
to track progress on issues, documenting progress, co ordinating
communication etc.

In case someone is busy with some other responsibilities and cannot
spent much time, can voluntarily step down. Also if any administrator
is not active for a very long time, say a year or so, then other
admins can remove him. Activity could be any contribution to the
savannah project infrastructure like, submitting bugs, commenting on
bugs, taking up tasks, assigning and tracking tasks, commiting code on
git ...

These are some ideas that came to my mind. Now I would like to hear
from every one.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)