[smc-discuss] font problem

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 00:17:26 PST 2010

2010/12/5 Mohammed Rashad <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
> I am doing malayalam localization work of openjump.

Thanks for the initiative.

> for view the translated
> version I need to convert unicode to ascii which I do using native2ascii.

It was a bit confusing, but the link below helped to understand it
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/native2ascii.html

> I use google indic transliteration for making malayalam words but the
> display of translated message is not good

Not sure why, can you send the translted files for us to have a look?

> For example
> ലയെര്‍  is displayed where i had given in layer 'err' is replaced by ര്‍
> OpenJump is written in Java
> Thanks in Advance

It is possible a problem with input method and not conversion. Give us
the properties file and a screenshot of the application with incorrect
rendering.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍