[smc-discuss] Re: 4.3 version of fonts maintained by smc is released

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 07:56:29 PDT 2010

2010/6/9 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>:
> 2010, ജൂണ്‍ 9 6:34 pm നു, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This release mainly contains bug fixes. We have started using our git
>> repo for maintaining these fonts in fontforge native format (.sfd),
>> which supports diff between two fonts. Thanks to Hiran for the fixes.
>>
>> Grab these now from
>> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/smc/fonts/
>
> if you are going to install it manually, just get the
> malayalam-fonts.conf file and Makefile from git
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=smc.git;a=tree;f=fonts

Could not see the ChangeLog file anywhere?
It is very important to keep track of all changed we do on fonts.
Along with bug fixes, links to the bug reports also required.

And I noted that Suruma font is named suruma, It would be nice if the
font file and font folder named as "Suruma" - S in caps.
Suresh had changed this recently. See
http://suruma.sarovar.org/fonts/suruma/ChangeLog
[...]
3.2:
* Font name changed to Suruma(with capital 'S')
[...]

Thanks
Santhosh Thottingal