[smc-discuss] How to write Malayalam in Inkscape-0.47-3

Ark Arjun arkarjun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 02:57:04 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM, <santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Ark Arjun <arkarjun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could please help me? I need to know how Malayalam typing is possible in
> > inkscape? Also please tell me what are its requirements.
> >  thanks,
>

> Could you please be more specific? We are assuming that you are using
> windows operating system, but can't guess which version of that. You
> mentioned that you are using mozhi keyman. Did you actually try to type in
> inkscape by adding a text area? Could you type in Malayalam? Or you got
> english there?
>
> Most of the members in this list does not use Inkscape in windows. In
> GNU/Linux systems, typing in inkscape has no difference from typing in any
> other application.
>
> Anybody using Inkscape in windows, please help Ark Arjun
>
> Thanks
> Santhosh
>
> --
> സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
> സംരംഭം: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/smc
> വെബ്‌സൈറ്റ് : http://smc.org.in  IRC ചാനല്‍ : #smc-project @ freenode

thanks for the reply. I am using Ubuntu. But Inkscape in Ubuntu has some
problem with display. It (window of inkscape) starts jumping when I click on
work area. So I installed windows and tried inkscape and got it right.
 I tried to type Malayalam in inkscape by adding a text area. But when
typing with Malayalam selected in mozhi keyman inkscape prints nothing on
the area.
As u suggested i again tried Inkscape with new Ubuntu 10.04. And my problem
is solved. Thanks for the suggestion.

thanks
arkarjun