[smc-discuss] Re: How do browsers show fonts?

Srihari k harisulthan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 05:57:03 PDT 2010

On 09/06/2010, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/8 Srihari k <harisulthan at gmail.com>:
>> Attached two screenshots and a font config file i was told to modify
>> earlier.(/etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-meera.conf)
>
> I missed one step last time,
>
> Can you try it again after doing
>
> ln -s /etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-meera.conf /etc/conf.d/
>
> (may be 67 instead of 65 as well)

THANKS !
That fixed it !
soft linked using :
sudo ln -s /etc/fonts/conf.avail/65-meera.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d/65-meera.conf

also edited the .conf file to change a 1.2 multiplication in size to
1.5 to suit my eyes ;)

So basically the problem was improper installation of fonts,due to
which the fonf's .conf
 file was not copied to /etc/fonts/ directories,my bad.

Thankyou all for helping out.

--
Srihari.K