[smc-discuss] malayalam chill letter in windows xp with meera font

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 02:18:36 PDT 2010

2010/6/1 syam <syamlalkv at gmail.com>

> Dear friends
>
> i need a small help, i dont know how to type chill letters in windows
> with meera font, i asked many times but no answer form our masters,

Meera does not have Atomic Chillu by default. Instead, it uses the old way
of writing chillus.

To type Chillu letters in Meera, use the combination

Visarga + Virama + zerowidth joiner. (eg: ര + ് + *zwj* gives ര്‍)

the mapping of zerowidth joiner in Inscript keyboard provided by the govt is
mapped to the place of ' ] ' in malayalam mode. Look here to see:
http://malayalam.kerala.gov.in/index.php/%E0%B4%9A%E0%B4%BF%E0%B4%A4%E0%B5%8D%E0%B4%B0%E0%B4%82:Inscript.jpg

There are different key mappings available, even for inscript. So please
check the keymapping first to determine, where the zwj stands.