[smc-discuss] Swaram TTS alpha release

rijoy v rijoy.v at gmail.com
Thu May 27 10:33:18 PDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Santhosh Thottingal <
santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried it on a small text file with Malayalam content
> This is what I get
>
> santhosh at santhosh:~/Downloads/swaram-src-0.9/ins_ml_rij_diphone$ festival
> Festival Speech Synthesis System 1.96:beta July 2004
> Copyright (C) University of Edinburgh, 1996-2004. All rights reserved.
> For details type `(festival_warranty)'
> festival> (voice_ins_ml_rij_diphone)
> ins_ml_rij_diphone
> festival> (tts "/home/santhosh/test.txt" nil)
> LTS_Ruleset ins_ml: no rule matches:
> LTS_Ruleset: # *here* G L P #
> closing a file left open: /home/santhosh/test.txt
> festival>
>
> What is the issue?
>
> When I went through the festvox files, I could not see Malayalam
> unicode mapped to anything, instead I see manglish strings. Is it in
> that way it is done?

Malayalam unicode also is mapped. Pls take a look at it again.
After selecting the voice with (voice_ins_ml_rij_diphone), Try using the
SayText function to check if it is properly installed
eg: (SayText " സ്വാഗതം മാഷേ  സുഖമാണോ  ")

--
Regards
Rijoy V