[smc-discuss] Swaram TTS alpha release

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:08:39 PDT 2010

I just tried it on a small text file with Malayalam content
This is what I get

santhosh at santhosh:~/Downloads/swaram-src-0.9/ins_ml_rij_diphone$ festival
Festival Speech Synthesis System 1.96:beta July 2004
Copyright (C) University of Edinburgh, 1996-2004. All rights reserved.
For details type `(festival_warranty)'
festival> (voice_ins_ml_rij_diphone)
ins_ml_rij_diphone
festival> (tts "/home/santhosh/test.txt" nil)
LTS_Ruleset ins_ml: no rule matches:
LTS_Ruleset: # *here* G L P #
closing a file left open: /home/santhosh/test.txt
festival>

What is the issue?

When I went through the festvox files, I could not see Malayalam
unicode mapped to anything, instead I see manglish strings. Is it in
that way it is done?

-Santhosh