[smc-discuss] Setting up ask.smc.org.in (was Fwd: bits from the DPL: let's Squeeze, GR, delegations, events, ...)

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 10:51:37 PDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 October 2010 20:57, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/10/7 Mahesh Mohan <maheshmohan.mu at gmail.com>:
>>> Yes. Shapado is a Ruby app. So, conventional PHP hosting will not suffice.
>>> But, my question is why go for Shapado? Their is a PHP project that does the
>>> same job, called 'Qwench' [ http://github.com/anantgarg/Qwench ]. But, it is
>>> not GPL licensed.
>>
>> You said it already, it is not Free Software. So we cannot use it.
>> MongoDB seems to be used in many recent projects (diaspora comes to my
>> mind). Can we request DreamHost to provide it?
>
> The dreamhost private servers provide MongoDB. Are we using private
> servers in dreamhost?
> http://wiki.dreamhost.com/V12.01_January_2010

No. SMC  is not hosted in a PS
If anybody willing to offer mongodb & rail supported hosting we can
point ask.smc.org.in DNS to that

> A related discussion in stackoverflow :
> http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/2267/stack-overflow-clones
>
> regards
> --
> Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
> http://libregeek.blogspot.com

"[It is not] possible to distinguish between 'numerical' and
'nonnumerical' algorithms, as if numbers were somehow different from
other kinds of precise information." - Donald Knuth