[smc-discuss] Setting up ask.smc.org.in (was Fwd: bits from the DPL: let's Squeeze, GR, delegations, events, ...)

Mahesh Mohan maheshmohan.mu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:45:02 PDT 2010

 On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> You said it already, it is not Free Software. So we cannot use it.
>

>From reading the Licence, I think, it is free software compatible. Or else,
we can convince the author to make it GPL! Or, we can use other PHP projects
listed in the link posted by Manilal.

MongoDB seems to be used in many recent projects (diaspora comes to my
> mind).

If there is no specific reason in using it, it doesn't do any good. There
are criticisms against Diaspora for this [
http://the-gay-bar.com/2010/09/16/diaspora-fail/ ]. The second largest and
most visited website Facebook is using MySQL, eventhough they customized it
for scaling.

http://maheshmohan.co.in
-മഹേഷ് മോഹന്‍ എം.യു