[smc-discuss] English Malayalam Dictionary - Dict server and Jabber buddy bot

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 09:20:18 PDT 2010

> > ആറാമത്തെ കമാന്‍ഡിനു ലഭിച്ച ഉത്തരം താഴെക്കൊടുക്കുന്നു
> > bash: /etc/rc.d/init.d/dictd: No such file or directory
>
> /etc/init.d/dictd start

In arch linux it should be

/etc/rc.d/dictd start

there is no init.d at all. I just checked myself.

by the way, in my system, dictd was already installed and functional. Just
went through this route to check the steps. so i stopped it first and then
started. Here are the results:

(Standing in root /home/sebinaj/dict-freedict-eng-mal-0.1)

#  /etc/rc.d/dictd
stop
:: Stop dictd
daemon
[DONE]
#  /etc/rc.d/dictd
start
:: Check dictd
configuration
[DONE]
:: Scanning for
dictionaries...
[DONE]
1 dictionary indexes found.
:: Start dictd
daemon
[BUSY] :E: Move "site" directive to section "global" of the configuration
file!

So I suppose, there is indeed one more step. Some symlink to be added?