No subject

Tue Sep 21 14:48:07 PDT 2010

judging who is the team leader.  For them, and for their records,
Peter Ani is the leader no matter what heppens with SMC or other
projects where multiple Malayalam people contribute.

www.gnu.org translation leaders are responsibe to us, so it doesn't
matter how they interfere with SMC.  Of course, members of "www-ml"
can participate in "smc" and any other project, it is up to them.

> If you prefer a dead-no-articles-translated-official-gnu-project to
> an active and well translated and reviewed Malayalam translation by
> those who work in the grassroot and with the community then so be
> it.

No, we regret the fact that there are no Malayalam translations.  But
we won't like if there were wrong Malayalam translations or if
Malayalam contributors are endlessly fighting for some hypothetical
"admin status" without actually accomplishing anything.

>  Please don't question our commitment to Freedom, it hurts. Are we
>  some untouchable creatures from some distant planet?

Please allow me the basic freedom to form my own opinion what is a
specific person's commitment towards software freedom.  You can change
my opinion drastically if you present ready-to-commit .ml.html files
that were ignored.

If you are displeased with the way I'm dealing with this specific
problem, you can always complain to Peter Brown <peterb at fsf.org> (the
Executive Director of the FSF) and I will be replaced if your
complaint is valid.  IMHO, it is a bit premature to judge about how we
(web-translators team) helped resolving this issue given that there is
no judgement/resolution yet.

I would like to hear what all sides think and how they plan to act,
and also the opinion of my assistants.

> PS: Sometimes it hurts to say strong words, but someone has to say
> it and many of the times it happens to be me :-(

I understand what you mean, but it doesn't apply here -- you are
assuming too much and thinking that we'll resolve any complaint fast
in a trivial way, judging in favour of the complaignee.

We have a different procedure that is certainly not faster, but it
it's right in its own terms.

P.S.: Also, it definitely doesn't work for me.  I am used to all kinds
of insults so if that is a way to make an impression, it is doomed to
faulure.