[smc-discuss] Typewriter Malayalam keyboard layout

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:02:31 PDT 2010

> Dear friends..
>
> Now I require a typewriter malayalam supporting software working in linux
> I need not software which support inscript keyboard layout. I want only
> malayalam typewriter keyboard layout support software in linux.
> Please help me
>
> My email id: amith.k.2008 at gmail.com

The above quoted mail was sent by Mr. Amith towards an unrelated thread. I
have changed the subject line and posted anew.

Now Amith, could you please educate us about the typewriter layout you are
referring to? AFAIK, there were conflicting key positions for different
typewriter companies among which the most popular were Verityper and
Remington. Which among these two were your layout? Or was it something
different from this?

Could you provide the layout you need to be included so that we could map it
accordingly, if it is not already there.