[smc-discuss] Proposal to move our mailing list to freelists.org

Saji N saji89 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 06:35:42 PDT 2010

If we can't move the existing Archive to freelists, we can move our further
communications to freelists completely, at the same time keep our old
archives at Googlegroups itself, if there is no other way.
 But, the googlegroups have to be closed for further communication. If it is
feasible then the way to do it is, then it can be done in the googlegroups
settings, by setting the team to "Archived mode".
I have added a screenshot of the same, with this mail(the part to set the
mailinglist to the specifid mode, has been highlighted n red).
         I had seen it happen for
http://groups.google.com/group/google-themes-api , where they moved their
communications to another group, though googlegroups itself.  But, they have
not closed the old one, so as to enable user access to the archives of the
past communications.

*Screenshot*
[image: Screenshot-2_edit.png]

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010, സെപ്റ്റംബര്‍ 9 6:10 വൈകുന്നേരം നു, santhosh.thottingal
> <santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
> > Can we migrate the archive ?
>
> If we cannot move it, what does it mean?
>
> > Another option- install mailman in our domain.
>
> A good idea. It pains me to see the lack of unicode support in savannah :(
>
> > Keeping the archive is very important
>
> Keeping archive locked to google is ...?
> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your
> rights from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as
> they follow the rules: laws and constitution.
>
> --
> സ്വതന്ത്ര മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് - എന്റെ കമ്പ്യൂട്ടറിനു് എന്റെ ഭാഷ
> സംരംഭം: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/smc
> വെബ്‌സൈറ്റ് : http://smc.org.in  IRC ചാനല്‍ : #smc-project @ freenode

Regards,
* **