[smc-discuss] Malayalam in Android 4.0

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:45:25 PST 2011

Jishnu IIRC then Chrome browser including version in Android is using
Harfbuzz. Harfbuzz has started indic support I think 5-6 months back
possibly that is why you are seeing complex script rendering properly.

I'm not sure what it uses for System level rendering but IIRC its called Skia.

Well this is what I found long time back and now it may be wrong

Best Regards

>>> http://twitter.com/jishnu7