[smc-discuss] സിംബിയന്‍

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:59:53 PST 2011

2011, ജനുവരി 7 8:56 രാവിലെ നു, Jayadevan Raja <jayadevanraja at gmail.com> എഴുതി:
> Apart from Gnu/Linux, isn't Symbian the most free (I mean, least
> restrictive) OS around?

Some components of the operating system were never released.

> Apparently, Android is less free
> (http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/25/google-remote-kill-android-apps-users-phones/).

That was via android market, you have other app stores for android.

> So, Symbian is a free OS.

How?

> Since like KDE both MeeGo and Symbian natively use QT, won't the works of
> localisation in KDE help in localising Symbian?

KDE uses QT, every application using QT will need to be localised
separately. Localising shared libraries will help all applications
using that library. I don't think MeeGo and Symbian use any KDE
libraries.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍