[smc-discuss] [bug #28059] shutdown എന്നതിനു്അടച്ചു്പൂട്ടുകഎന്നതിനു്പകരംനിര്‍ത്തിവയ്ക്കുകഎന്നാക്കുക

Jayadevan Raja jayadevanraja at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:51:24 PST 2011

In spite of the POT files, localisation is way more difficult than creating
a new theme. An end user can make a new theme (font, colour etc.) easily,
but can't easily change the text in the menus.

The facility to localise the text-content in the menus (not just the fonts
and the colours) to anything a user want will be *a useful additional
feature*, allowing further localisation to different dialects, slangs, etc.

This is just my opinion. Adding such a feature will empower even a single
user to do the localisation work, which is quite necessary for small
languages. For a huge language like Malayalam with several crores of
speakers, this might not seem essential for purposes other than supporting
further regional variations in the language.

@Saji, These issues were not in your previous mail.