[smc-discuss] [bug #28059] shutdown എന്നതിനു്അടച്ചു്പൂട്ടുകഎന്നതിനു്പകരംനിര്‍ത്തിവയ്ക്കുകഎന്നാക്കുക

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:19:55 PST 2011

Jayadevan Raja said on Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 01:21:24PM +0530,:

 >    creating a new theme. An end user can make a new theme (font,
 >    colour etc.)  easily, but can't easily change the text in the
 >    menus.

Errr... when you translate the .pot files, the package building
scripts (Make, configure, etc) will generate the .po files for
respective language; and the OS will use the concerned .po file to
display the menu in the language selected by the user.

 >    The facility to localise the text-content in the menus (not just
 >    the fonts and the colours) to anything a user want will be a
 >    useful additional feature, allowing further localisation to
 >    different dialects, slangs, etc.

"Further localisation..." part - I am a bit concerned here. What
context exactly do you have in mind? Can you give an example where
such specificity is required? I cannot think of any.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
L'homme est libre au moment qu'il veut l'etre.