[smc-discuss] ചില്ലക്ഷരങ്ങളുടെ രാഷ്ട്രീയം

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 01:25:57 PST 2011

A good initiative. It's high time to free the standards from corporate
interests and dictatorship. We really need a community controlled
standard in which people from all walks can participate and
contribute. And as Jinesh suggested, the new standard should evaluate
proposals on their merit rather than just going for *majority*.

In the meetings after KDE release party(2008, TVM) someone suggested
like freecode as an alternative for unicode. May be we could use that
name, Otherwise OpenCode or Common Code sounds better than Open
Unicode(The word Unicode is registered by the consortium,
http://unicode.org/policies/logo_policy.html)

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.