[smc-discuss] Invitation for 14th July IDN awareness workshop at Thiruvananthapuram

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:50:44 PDT 2011

Hi,

Mahesh Kulkarni from CDAC just spoke to me over phone. He is positive
towards having a detailed meeting to discuss each of the issues one by
one. A meeting on this need to be planned around August third or last
week.  The meeting will be at Kerala(we can propose a place) and he would
like to get a list of people who are interested/have expertise in this
issue.

He also clarified that the IDN Awareness program at Trivandrum is for
general awareness and to get more feedback on the draft policy. He asked
whether any of us can be present there to talk about this issues(outside
the agenda of the meeting) to them. I said, it is doubtful, since some of
us outside Kerala and it is just 2 days away.

The draft policy published last year was not modified so for even though
they are doing some internal discussion on that.

Thanks
Santhosh