[smc-discuss] [CoFSUG] Should gnome web browser use google as its default web browser?

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 01:42:12 PDT 2012

2012/3/24 shravan aras <123.shravan at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Praveen I have cooked up a patch for epiphany which uses duckduckgo as
> the default search engine.
> The patch is attached with this mail as a .path file. Kindly apply it
> using the "patch" command.
> Bellow are some details which will aid you in applying/compiling the
> source code.

Shravan,

Thanks for this patch, but that was not the point, because you can
change it via dconf anyway.
Change the key org.gnome.epiphany.keyword-search-url from
dconf-editor, which is much easier than rebuilding.

The first part in your patch you commented out should instead remain
the same and change the gsettings default instead for people who want
to use a different default say startpage.com or lxquick.com

We don't want to take out the available choice and force duckduckgo.
If you can find this out then submit it as a patch to the same bug
report.

Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍