[smc-discuss] Nandaja Verma is a new debian contributor!

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:14:44 PDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I just uploaded Nandaja Verma's new debian package to debian[1]! This
has been the result of many days of hard work from her side learning
packaging. She was not only learning, but also helping others with
their packaging work. I'm happy to see her package in NEW queue today
and looking forward to more contributions from her. I also hope hope
her work would inspire more of you to start maintaining packages or
contribute to Free Software in many other ways.

I suggest abacus folks organize a session with her to share her
experience and later sessions to learn packaging from her.

For those who are not from abacus, Nandaja Verma is a student of NSS
Engineering college Palakkad.

Congratulations again and thanks for contributing to debian and Free
Software. You have made diaspora one package closer to entering in
debian!

[1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/ruby-columnize_0.3.6-1.html

Note: We have live packaging sessions every night at 10pm on our irc
channel #debian-diaspora on irc.oftc.net or login directly to
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23debian-diaspora&server=irc.oftc.net

Come and learn packaging any time. See http://piratepad.net/tu0H1eU2vH
for more details.
--