[smc-discuss] mobile broadband in debian

Ashik Salman ashiksp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:48:45 PST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM, aboobacker sidheeque mk <
aboobackervyd at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to reduce this headache, just stay in ubuntu or its
> derivatives,

:-) Its not a headache. I have ubuntu with me, also tried Mint. But am
interested to stay with debian. Thats all.

> you can find list of dependancies use the command apt-cache depends,
> and download all required debs and run dpkg *.deb

I tried. But the problem is the dependent package further dependent on
other packages.

> altenatively you can try keryx(it can download packages even from windows)

I downloaded the keryx. Will update the progress soon.

else try dvd version of debian

While installing DVD iso from bootable pendrive it fails, problem is in
detecting the CD-rom step. Is dvd can successfully install by booting from
pendrive?

--
Regards
Ashik Salman