[smc-discuss] mobile broadband in debian

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:22:25 PST 2012

2012/11/6 Prince Mathew <mr.princemathew at gmail.com>:
> Why debian?

Because I can contribute to debian on equal terms with the rest of the
community. I have the same rights as any other debian developer and I
don't have to follow anyone above me. It is a democratic community and
any one can be a part of it.

This is from the point of view of a contributor, as user you can see
http://www.debian.org/social_contract point 4.

Our priorities are our users and free software

So commitment to users and commitment to free software is important to
debian. There are other commitments in the contract that debian made
with the community which you may not see in other distributions. If
these are important considerations for you, then you may choose
debian. On the other hand I understand you may not consider these
points as important for you when making a choice of a distribution. I
respect your choice and you can continue using Ubuntu (I won't push
you to use debian).
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍