[smc-discuss] mobile broadband in debian

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:33:23 PST 2012

2012/11/5 Ashik Salman <ashiksp at gmail.com>:
> Recently I downloaded the debian CD distro (i386) and installed. There is no
> network-manager or wv-dial for setting up mobile broadband connection.
> I downloaded the above mentioned packages from the debian site and try to
> install using dpkg, But it shows dependency problems. And the installation
> failed.
>
> How can I resolve this.
> I have a net-setter with me, i want to connect to Internet using it.

I just tested a wheezy beta3 image and it installs network manager by
default from CD-1. I suggest you try this image and see if you can
spot any other issues that needs fixing.

The image I tested is
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/wheezy_di_beta3/i386/iso-cd/debian-wheezy-DI-b3-i386-xfce-CD-1.iso

You may try other variants too and let us know if it works.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍