[smc-discuss] Fwd: Installing Omnet++ on Mac

Jesse Francis atjesse2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:50:47 PDT 2013

I have been struggling with Omnet++ install for past few days on Mac, it
has to be compiled from source. whenever I run configure file, the say
tcl/tk is not found, though it is installed (compiled from source, version
8.6). I tried specifying directories in configure.user, as they said,
pointed to directory with " "tcl.sh" and "tk.sh" , still the error
persists. Omnet++'s install guide is not of much help regarding this.
Still I could successfully install it without TCL/TK, but can't see any
visual outputs on running simulations. Any solutions?
Only once Omnet++ is installed properly, we can start adding other
components, (again, all have to be compiled from source) which is another
mammoth task!

Is it easier to install on Linux by any chance? I'm little not comfortable
with Mac, but Linux package downloads are blocked by proxy of our
university, and to install dependencies for Omnet++, we'll have to manually
download each package from repo, thats why I thought of sticking to Mac
itself!

--
Jesse P Francis
Twitter/Diaspora/Facebook/Wikipedia/Wikibooks: atjesse.