[smc-discuss] Regarding Meera Font

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 08:07:07 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013, Muneef Hameed wrote:

> Hi Anivar,
> Thanks for the response.
> I have been part of few online sites in Malayalam, and I find serving
> around 300-400KB to lakhs of users is budget heavy and performance heavy.

you need to use EOT or WOFF formats while serving from webpages. They
reduce the size  to about 50%. And you need to write proper CSS so that
browsers will download only once and cache it. Do not serve ttf files as
such.

Also look at how Mathrubhumi, Deshabhimani, Mangalam, Malayal.am portals
use Meera as webfont.

Thanks
Santhosh