[smc-discuss] Issue #3:91 IPA and ISO 159:2001 transliteration fails

Yash Sinha mail.yash.sinha at gmail.com
Wed May 8 14:12:08 PDT 2013

This is with reference to Issue #3 of the transliteration module raised by
copyninja (https://github.com/Project-SILPA/Transliteration/issues/3).

The error I got while transliterating to ISO 159:2001 was:
*
*

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in <module>
>     a.transliterate_iso15919("ram", "en_US")
>   File "...\core.py", line 123, in transliterate_iso15919
>     tx_str = tx_str + charmap["ISO15919"][offset]
> NameError: global name 'charmap' is not defined

Probably, while while shifting the module to flask, this bug remain
unidentified. I found charmap.py at src\silpa\common\ (Old Silpa). It has
the required charmap defined in it. Since I am not very familiar with the
functioning of Old-Silpa, I don't how the issue can be solved.I am studying
old-Silpa code to find out the right way.

The case is similar for IPA also.

So, can anybody suggest me how to fix this?

Yash
(#sinhayash)