[smc-discuss] Fwd: Re: [Mozilla India] Mozilla India ~ Kerala Community Website

Ani Peter peter.ani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 01:44:14 PDT 2013

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Mozilla India] Mozilla India ~ Kerala Community Website
Date: 	Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:09:05 +0530
From: 	Vineel Reddy Pindi <pindivineelreddy at gmail.com>
To: 	shine nelson <radioactive.life at gmail.com>
CC: 	community-india <community-india at lists.mozilla.org>,
mozillakerala at googlegroups.com, Robert Reyes <robert.reyes at gmail.com>

Hi Shine,

Thank you for sharing your views and giving us all the detailed background
on the topic. I like the idea about landing page for projects, apps etc and
think this can be extended to wider group.

One of the existing examples is Developer Dashboard:
http://devs.mozillaindia.org/leaderboard/
May be based on the ideas, same can be implemented for Apps ported to
Marketplace, Localisation - contributions made, SuMo and other projects as
we see there is interest + people to build.

It was great interacting with some of the community members from Kerala
during the recent online meeting. I'm impressed how organized you are and
the interest to discuss on next steps, thanks for inviting me to be part of
the discussion.

I personally liked the 'Mozilla to School' initiative, many from other
states/ regions would have loved to read more about how the event was made
and get inspired, just came to know about the initiative at the meeting. It
would be great to have such success stories shared to a larger audience.

To all,

I think this leads us to a very good discussion in general on 'SoP for use
of Mozilla India Website by regional communities across India'.

Will put together a few initial thoughts and share the etherpad here for
everyone to give inputs, share comments and ideas, so we can continue to
build the guidelines on how we all can use the resources moving forward.

In between, please spend some time reading Mozilla India wiki:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/India and think on how to improve the content. One
thing I can think of now is adding a section  - 'Regional' and link to all
the local community resources/ channels.

Thanks,
Vineel

Vineel Reddy Pindi
Community & Outreach