[smc-discuss] A better code for XeLaTeX and Malayalam

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:04:46 PST 2014

On Saturday, January 11, 2014, Mohammed Sadik pk wrote:

> I found a wiki at http://wiki.smc.org.in/XeTeX on how to compile Malayalam
> with XeTeX. But I didn't find it that professional as we get when we
> typeset
> in English using LaTeX.
>
> So I tried to improve the code a little so that it would look more
> professional. Its, of course
> not the best, but better than the old.
>
> Its at http://wiki.smc.org.in/XeTeX2

At the end of http://wiki.smc.org.in/XeTeX I had added "The above tutorial
is a very basic tutorial on using XeTeX with Malayalam.". While I
appreciate your effort to make it more professional, we need to balance the
effort to start using XeTeX from zero knowledge and progressively improve
the skill. That is why I intentionally kept the tutorial minimum. Also, we
don't want to duplicate the general LaTeX tutorials in our wiki. So a link
is given in the page. In short the idea is "start with this example, and
continue with the elaborate tutorials found elsewhere".

Thanks
Santhosh