[smc-discuss] [Community] [fosscomm] CBSE moving to GNU/linux from next year

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 09:46:16 PST 2014

at bottom :-

On 3/1/14, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
> On Saturday, March 01, 2014 09:36:44 PM Trupti Kini wrote:
>> Great!!!
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Pirate Praveen <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I was training some teachers GNU/linux installation and basics today
>> > at Thiruvananthapuram. They showed me text books with open office,
>> > gimp, gcompris, tuxpaint etc and told me they will stary teaching it
>> > from next year. I think its a welcome move to look forward to.
>> >

> please see this document.
> http://www.ncert.nic.in/announcements/notices/pdf_files/ICT%20Curriculuma.pdf
>
> NCERT will be making a full curriculum supporting the use of GNU/Linux in
> all
> schools, specifically those schools which use NCERT guidelines and thier
> books.
>
> --
> GN

Hi all,
This is indeed good news. It would be a pleasure to watch children
play gcompris and use other educational games, utilities etc. If this
is implemented positively then localization of the games not just on
the language/linguistic level would probably have a filip as well as
people could contribute to make gcompris more culturally aware as
well.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल