[smc-discuss] [Community] [fosscomm] CBSE moving to GNU/linux from next year

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at autistici.org
Sun Mar 2 01:28:11 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 23:16 +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> Hi all,
> This is indeed good news. It would be a pleasure to watch children
> play gcompris and use other educational games, utilities etc. If this
> is implemented positively then localization of the games not just on
> the language/linguistic level would probably have a filip as well as
> people could contribute to make gcompris more culturally aware as
> well.

Yes. That will be one great advantage of Free Software since we can
localise the content for any group anywhere in the country. Not only
that, we can get the students to do part of it. Like, some schools in
Kerala have contributed pictures and sounds to gcompris in Malayalam.
Yes, and even school students can contribute to building a good useful
application for their own use, with some help from a developer. I am
sure the children will be thrilled to do that too.

Sasi

--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India