[smc-discuss] ZWS vs ZWNJ for Malayalam input

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:31:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Santhosh Thottingal
> <santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
[...snip...]
>> I could not get it
>> working by just changing the files. Do I need to restart some service to get
>> changes reflected?
>
> I think it should reflect immediately unless there is an error in the file.

I got it :)

Use setxkbmap to reflect the changes immediately.  This command will
evaluate the layout also, so we can catch errors.
Here is an example for "us" & "in" with "mal" variant:

  setxkbmap -layout "us,in(mal)"

Use the layout switching key to toggle between "us" & "in" layouts.

Regards,
Baiju M