[smc-discuss] Best practice for supporting alternative rendering of glyphs: ന്റ & റ്റ

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:22:54 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, March 18, 2014, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree.  My use case is for re-printing old books printed in this format.

If the use case is visually present all stacked nta as nonstacked nta, and
that output is not for further machine consumption, why not replace all ന്റ
with ന്‍റ,  similarly all റ്റ with ററ and print? Or even have a local font
with this modification- ന്റ glyph modified with ന്‍റ and റ്റ with ററ? If
this is enough, I can create that custom font for this purpose. Contact
offline if required.

Santhosh