[smc-discuss] Rendering issue: ചെയ്വാൻ

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:08:14 PDT 2014

On 03/23/2014 02:05 PM, Rajeesh K Nambiar wrote:
> Santhosh, Baiju - It's either or. We can't support both renderings, at
> least straightforward. Revert the commit?

Yes, perhaps a generic font like Meera is not enough to support all kind
of rendering appearing in historic books. I dont think we can support
all ligature variations in a same font easily.

Rajeesh, did you get a chance to look at PRI263 that Baiju shared? It is
the updated version of old PRI250 that we gave our inputs
http://smc.org.in/doc/PRI250Response-SMC.pdf From a quick read, it seems
the idea of representing both orthography that was presented in PRI250
changed to a limited scope of handling this YA, VA, RA cases(related to
PRI37). I did not get time to study it.