[smc-discuss] Rendering issue: ചെയ്വാൻ

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:48:49 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2014 02:05 PM, Rajeesh K Nambiar wrote:
>>
>> Santhosh, Baiju - It's either or. We can't support both renderings, at
>> least straightforward. Revert the commit?
>

> Yes, perhaps a generic font like Meera is not enough to support all kind of
> rendering appearing in historic books. I dont think we can support all
> ligature variations in a same font easily.

So, what would be the most sensible default rendering for യ + ് + വ ?

1. യ + VA symbol
2. യ + ് + വ (placed horizontally)
3. യ + വ (in stacked form)

Since 3rd form is a traditional typography, let's ignore that.  Then
only, two choices remains.
Out of these two, which one is more predominant in usage ? How do we find that ?
Or is it the right way to think to find the choice for rendering ?

Regards,
Baiju M