[smc-discuss] പുതിയ കേണലിലേക്ക് ബൂട്ട് ചെയ്യാതെ പഴയതിലേക്ക് തന്നെയാണ് പോകുന്ന പ്രശ്നം [ASAP]

Akshay S Dinesh asdofindia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 08:10:46 PST 2014

അതായത്.
1) Do NOT trust me (All the following are hypothesis)
2) From the grub.cfg you sent, it seems like the relevant part is generated
by 10_lupin. But in my installation, there's no 10_lupin, instead it is
10_linux which takes care of the linux kernels. On googling, lupin seems to
be association with wubi and loop mounting. Which suggests that you had
installed ubuntu via wubi.
3) If 2 is true, I still don't understand why a kernel update can't be done
:/
4) If you are willing to mess up your system even more, follow
http://askubuntu.com/questions/635/how-to-convert-wubi-install-into-regular-install
or https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MigrateWubi and convert wubi to
regular install.
5) Sounds like you have an exam coming up? (Because that's usually when I
get into system troubles)