[Student-projects] GSoC Update : FirefoxOS KeyboardIME Up and Running

Jishnu jishnu7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 02:50:54 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Praveen Sridhar <prvn431 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since there is no "standard" mobile-specific layout for Indic keyboards,
> I've experimented a bit with the keys.

For Malayalam, I have created a mobile layout based on Lalitha
(Documentation is pending.) for our Indic Keyboard[1] project. It is pretty
optimized, may be you can use it. Also, there is another layout called
Amalaki[2] created by Suresh P.

For other languages, I have spent good amount of time creating custom
(mostly phonetic) layouts for mobile. You can use them too.

[1] https://github.com/smc/Indic-Keyboard
[2] https://gitorious.org/amalaki

--
Regards,