[Student-projects] Ibus-Sharada-Braille Blog Update

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 04:15:42 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Samuel Thibault <
samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hrishi, le Sat 21 Jun 2014 09:04:21 +0530, a écrit :
> > We've never seen you on irc, there were no weekly updates from your
> > side. And there were no mentor interactions through this list.
>
> I'm afraid this is for a big part my fault.  I have been a mentor in
> GSoC under various umbrellas with various conventions, and I didn't
> really check what the conventions were for the SMC, and we have thus
> essentially interacted directly.  I'm really sorry about that.  AIUI,
> the IRC channel is #smc-project on freenode?  I'm "youpi" there.

GSoC is an opportunity for us to get new contributors to existing and new
projects and we always enforse the use of  IRC and mailinglist as the
mediums for that . All GSoC candidates have extra duty of documenting and
communicating developments every week.

Nalin was absent on all student irc meetings and missing out totally till
communicating offline and pushing him to send the updates to list.
Dear Samuel, Please make use of this list for student communication . So
whatever efforts we are investing in GSoC will be documented  properly

> Nalin.x.Linux wrote:
> > i may be able to furnish the chat history with the mentor samuel
> > thibault with his permission.
>
> Yes, sure!
>
> Hrishi, le Sat 21 Jun 2014 09:04:21 +0530, a écrit :
> > I also noticed that what you are developing is entirely different  from
> what
> > you have proposed in your proposal. And I don't see any related
> > communications. Can you give an explanation to these things ?
>
> Yes, we discussed about the best way to integrate the braille input
> module into existing and future desktops. ibus is definitely the right
> way for such a thing, as of now it already works with all of qt, gtk and
> other applications supporting xim.

Good to see the development and totallyagrees with it. But I will be happy
if Nalin can document why selected ibus over the ideas onhis proposal.

~ regards
Anivar Aravind