[Student-projects] GSoC 2014

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:26:54 PDT 2014

Hi Razvan,

Razvan Florea <razvan.florea91 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Razvan Florea, I am studying Computing Science at
> University of Groningen, Netherlands and I am interested in working
> with you this summer in SoC program. Mainly I am interested in
> developing the REST API for SILPA.

Thank you but currently the ideas are clubbed together and has multiple
tasks [1] a communication is also sent to the list before [2]

[1] http://wiki.smc.org.in/SoC/2014/Project_ideas#SILPA_Project_Based
[2] http://lists.smc.org.in/pipermail/student-projects-smc.org.in/2014-March/000060.html

> Currently I am doing my bachelor thesis project which is also about
> developing a RESTful API. As technologies I am using Ruby and Ruby on
> Rails. I saw that you are using in your projects Python. I also have
> some experience with Python but not in developing RESTful
> applications. I would like to know if you have preferences about the
> technologies that should be used in this project.

We don't have preference over the libraries you use but our application
is Python based so we can't change the language.

> Also, any information that you think is important for me is welcome.

Here is most of general questions answered on what to do how to get
started etc.

[3] http://lists.smc.org.in/pipermail/student-projects-smc.org.in/2014-March/000078.html

Cheers,
--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja at samsargika.copyninja.info
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E