[Student-projects] GSoC Introduction

Vasudev Kamath kamathvasudev at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:07:49 PDT 2014

Hi Yu,

I think you inserted mailing list address multiple time in the To
address that Gmail considered your mail as spam ;-).

cnfuyu <cnfuyu at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I am Yu Fu a 3rd year student from HuaZhong University of Science &
> Technology, Wuhan, China. I am not Indian and I saw many other
> students are from Indian, but when I reading the idea page for SMC, I
> found there are some thing interesting and I can do for this
> organization.

Thanks!.

> I am interested in the project "SILPA Project Improvements". Because I
> use Python in my normal works and I am familiar with Flask. I
> currently check out the code for silpa from github and I run it in my
> virtual machine. I read all the code for silpa-flask. I will learn
> more about SILPA and your organization in the next time.
> I think it is not difficult to provide REST API to SILPA and finish
> other projects. The problem is I am not a Indian, I don't know your
> languages. Maybe it is easily for me to make some stupid mistakes, so
> when I got a doubt, I will discuss with mentors in time.

At the momemnt only position where you might need to know bit of Indian
language is transliteration modules but you can get this by reading
relevant articles we pointed there. Feel free ask questions and feel
free to provide extension to our modules in Chinese(traditional or
simplified) :-) (Yes you can propose that as an idea if you feel its
possible only problem will be we need test cases from you to judge if
its working or not)

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info
Connect on ~friendica: copyninja at samsargika.copyninja.info
IRC nick: copyninja | vasudev {irc.oftc.net | irc.freenode.net}
GPG Key: C517 C25D E408 759D 98A4  C96B 6C8F 74AE 8770 0B7E