[Student-projects] GSoC Introduction

yu fu cnfuyu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:50:03 PDT 2014

Hi Vasudev,

Thanks for your reply!

Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yu,
>
> I think you inserted mailing list address multiple time in the To
> address that Gmail considered your mail as spam ;-).

So sorry to inserted mailing list address multiple time! I use a email
client to send email before and I found my emaill content format is
different from you, I know maybe there are some thing wrong with me,
so I use gmail web page to send this email and changed in plain text
mode, it seams every thing is ok now.

> cnfuyu <cnfuyu at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I am Yu Fu a 3rd year student from HuaZhong University of Science &
> > Technology, Wuhan, China. I am not Indian and I saw many other
> > students are from Indian, but when I reading the idea page for SMC, I
> > found there are some thing interesting and I can do for this
> > organization.
>
> Thanks!.
>
> > I am interested in the project "SILPA Project Improvements". Because I
> > use Python in my normal works and I am familiar with Flask. I
> > currently check out the code for silpa from github and I run it in my
> > virtual machine. I read all the code for silpa-flask. I will learn
> > more about SILPA and your organization in the next time.
> > I think it is not difficult to provide REST API to SILPA and finish
> > other projects. The problem is I am not a Indian, I don't know your
> > languages. Maybe it is easily for me to make some stupid mistakes, so
> > when I got a doubt, I will discuss with mentors in time.
>
> At the momemnt only position where you might need to know bit of Indian
> language is transliteration modules but you can get this by reading
> relevant articles we pointed there. Feel free ask questions and feel
> free to provide extension to our modules in Chinese(traditional or
> simplified) :-) (Yes you can propose that as an idea if you feel its
> possible only problem will be we need test cases from you to judge if
> its working or not)

I am really glad to hear this and where is the relevant articles you pointed?
"Provide extension to our modules in Chinese" that's sound a good
idea, I will think more in the next time and give my proposals.

Regards,
Yu Fu