[Student-projects] GSoC 2014 project proposal : Language Filter for Diaspora

Kartik A kartik.a9111 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:18:48 PDT 2014

Hi Karthik,
This is just a query or more of an observation about how you propose to use
globalize for translations.
>From what I understand, Globalize builds on top of the i18n API, and is
used for internationalization and localisation not for automated
translation. It works using translation tables, and is used to have
multiple versions of the same site or webapp in multiple languages.
Proposing to include "user generated content" in the translation tables of
Globalize does not sound exactly practical, as in most cases the
translations tables are built manually, and expecting that for every post
someone makes on the diaspora instance we will have someone add an entry
into the globalize translation label, is something I doubt will ever
happen. And not to mention, it will bloat up the translation tables beyond
control.

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM, karthik senthil <
karthik.senthil94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have hereby provided a link to my smc-wiki page for my proposal on
> Language filter for Diaspora.
>
> Kindly review the same and provide your opinions or suggestions for it.
>
> Wiki link : http://wiki.smc.org.in/User:Karthiksenthil
>
> Thanking You
> Karthik.S

Thanks & Regards,