[Student-projects] Getting started with GSoC ideas

malayalee coder malayaleecoder at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:27:36 PST 2016

Hello All,

             I am Vishnu H Nair, a first year undergraduate student from
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. I have been contributing to Mozilla
for almost 4 months, please have a look at my Bugzilla profile,
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?login=malayaleecoder%40gmail.com

I have gone through the ideas list and found two very interesting projects
to work upon ,

A spell checker for Indic language that understands inflections
Varnam Android Keyboard

For the first idea, I have gone through the Tamil implementation of the
spellchecker in a reasonable way. I have a major doubt regarding how the
VerbFlow and NounFlow charts were deduced and whether should we follow a
similar path in implementing the spellchecker in Malayalam too?

As for the second idea is concerned, I would like to clarify whether there
is a port method available to Android or is it a manual port from ground up
that is required?

Waiting for a positive reply to go ahead.

Thank You.